PART-TIME AIR TALENT
Brewer Broadcasting Richmond is looking for a hardworking, team oriented, talented professional that wants to pursue a career in media. The ideal candidate is an outgoing, dependable with a flexible schedule to provide support to multiple departments. You’ll be responsible for air shifts (tracked and/or live) and represent our stations at on-site local events.
We will train the right person.
- Responsible for weekend air shift(s)
- Operate control board for studios and remote programming.
- Conduct on-site promotions and interacts with listeners and clients appropriately.
- Follow all FCC guidelines.
May also include
- Voice-tracking various shifts
- Perform basic office administrative functions and update station social media as directed.
- Set up and run audio and other types of equipment.
- Set up, break down and transport promotional event equipment as needed.
- Strong desire to grow and learn and multitask with a positive attitude.
- Software proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite as well as the ability to learn new software and automation systems.
- Digital and social media experience, video editing and/or photoshop experience a plus.
- Availability to work days, nights, and weekends.
- Licensed driver with good driving record
- High school diploma required.
Please send a resume and recent aircheck to firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES All internships are unpaid.
Interns are selected on the basis of professional potential. We look at our internship program as a developing ground for future employees -- that's not to say all interns will get hired here, but one of our goals is to see how many responsibilities an intern can handle, on the chance an employment opportunity becomes available. So this isn't a coffee-fetching, grunt work internship. We trust our interns to handle duties that require the utmost in responsibility, diligence and enthusiasm.
Promotions Internship - This position calls for an enthusiastic, eager and creative individual who is able to effectively interact and communicate with a variety of individuals both within and outside of Brewer Broadcasting. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required, in addition to strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Applicants should be efficient and able to work with a flexible schedule. Throughout the course of the internship, the intern will be asked to work with individuals from several departments within Brewer Broadcasting, including programming, promotions, and sales. Ideal candidates for this position have experienced with Adobe Audition, video editing and Microsoft Office. Email resume & cover letter to Sean Lamb at email@example.com
Business Internship - The business intern's responsibility is to assist in the daily and monthly duties for the Business Department, including the Traffic and Reception. Requirements for this position include: basic understanding of clerical duties, ability to operate multi-line phones and typical office equipment, knowledge of proper business etiquette, knowledge in all Microsoft programs, ability to master new computer skills quickly, strong communication skills, ability to multi-task, and strong organization skills. Email resume & cover letter to Lottie Jordan at LottieJ@kicks96.com
Sales Internship - This is an interactive and dynamic internship that relies on the intern to be self-motivated and disciplined, with a passion for learning. The intern will create sales marketing materials that will be used to upsell current clients and sell prospects advertising campaigns on our radio stations. The intern will go on actual sales calls with account executives to learn about the sales process. The intern will work on sales initiatives that connect radio advertising with online advertising opportunities. Email resume & cover letter to Amy Dillon at AmyD@kicks96.com.
Requirements All Internships are unpaid.
· Current college student (junior, senior, post-graduate).
· Internship must be taken for credit.
· Familiarity with Brewer Broadcasting and East Central Indiana market is preferred.
· Previous radio or other media experience through classes, internship, or professional is preferred.
- Responsibility, judgment, organization, dependability, promptness, initiative, creativity, and efficiency are key to the success of interns along with the ability to handle deadlines, writing, and audio production.
- Personal transportation required.
BREWER BROADCASTING is an equal opportunity employer. Interns are considered trainees and not employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1973.