Current open positions open are listed below. Click to jump to job description
Brewer Broadcasting is looking for an Accounting Manager for radio stations located in East Central Indiana. The Accounting Manager is responsible for the day to day operations of our business office, including managing all financial accounting and human resource functions as well as all aspects of payroll processing.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
· Month-End Close
· Create financial statements and related financial reports
· Process accounts receivables/accounts payable
· Collections and Billing Weekly/Monthly
· Account for fixed assets on Depreciation Schedule
· Reconcile bank accounts, monitor cash levels and cash flow
· Process payrolls including hourly, salaried, and commissioned employees using ADP Run Platform
· Prepare commissions reports as related to billing and collections Sales Team
· Oversee remittance of payroll taxes and income taxes
· Knowledge of federal and state wage laws
· Process third party payments for garnishments, child support, etc.
· Year-End Review work with CPA Firm
· Administer and control employee records and assist with data entry for purposes of preparation and submission of payroll
· Assist with administration of employee benefit plans
· Oversee office staff
· Maintenance of the EEO program, FCC related reports and hiring procedures. Oversee or act as EEO Administrator for the company
· Responsible for posting of all HR related required notices at station location
· Assist department heads in new employee orientation. Reviews all new hire packages for completeness and appropriate signatures
· Assist General Manager and other department heads with station and/or personnel issues
· Computer Network liaison with outside IT Company
· Responsible for the protection against property losses and potential liabilities
· Monitor and administer trade accounting functions for corporate reporting as well as in the traffic/billing system
· Maintenance of all files related to leases and contracts for the company
· All other duties assigned
· Serve as the company’s Notary Public.
· Minimum of Associates Degree in Accounting with 2 years’ experience as an Accounting Manager or 5+ years of Full-Charge Bookkeeping Experience
· Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Accrual Accounting
· Experience with Human Resource laws and practices.
· Experience with Sage 50 software, Office 365
· Proficient in all aspects of Accounting
· Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, a plus.
· Attention to Detail
· Ability to work after normal business hours when needed.
· Familiar with and experienced in Corporate accounting and Public Broadcasting.
· Familiar with Public Broadcasting billing system Marketron/Radio Traffic a plus.
· Multitasking ability
· Prior Experience with ADP Payroll/RUN Platform
· Experience in a paperless environment.
Part-Time Board Op/Producer
Brewer Broadcasting is looking for a part-time Board Op/Producer for The Wake-Up Call on Richmond’s Classic Hits, 101-7 The Point.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of Adobe Audition or other audio editing software, knowledge of video editing and proficiency in ENCO or another automation software. Previous on-air experience is a plus, as is the ability to get up early and be punctual.
Operates control board for studio and remote programming, during the morning show, 5 am-10 am.
Monitors commercial logs for accuracy
Help the host in booking guests, greeting guests, and answering studio phones.
Puts together and uploads the daily Wake-Up Call podcast.
Uses equipment to shoot video of guests and segments, edits video.
Monitors social media for comments during the show.
Possible voice-tracked air shift
Please send resumes and references to email@example.com
Brewer Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES All internships are unpaid.
Interns are selected on the basis of professional potential. We look at our internship program as a developing ground for future employees -- that's not to say all interns will get hired here, but one of our goals is to see how many responsibilities an intern can handle, on the chance an employment opportunity becomes available. So this isn't a coffee-fetching, grunt work internship. We trust our interns to handle duties that require the utmost in responsibility, diligence and enthusiasm.
Promotions Internship - This position calls for an enthusiastic, eager and creative individual who is able to effectively interact and communicate with a variety of individuals both within and outside of Brewer Broadcasting. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required, in addition to strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Applicants should be efficient and able to work with a flexible schedule. Throughout the course of the internship, the intern will be asked to work with individuals from several departments within Brewer Broadcasting, including programming, promotions, and sales. Ideal candidates for this position have experienced with Adobe Audition, video editing and Microsoft Office. Email resume & cover letter to Sean Lamb at firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Internship - The business intern's responsibility is to assist in the daily and monthly duties for the Business Department, including the Traffic and Reception. Requirements for this position include: basic understanding of clerical duties, ability to operate multi-line phones and typical office equipment, knowledge of proper business etiquette, knowledge in all Microsoft programs, ability to master new computer skills quickly, strong communication skills, ability to multi-task, and strong organization skills. Email resume & cover letter to Lottie Jordan at LottieJ@kicks96.com
Sales Internship - This is an interactive and dynamic internship that relies on the intern to be self-motivated and disciplined, with a passion for learning. The intern will create sales marketing materials that will be used to upsell current clients and sell prospects advertising campaigns on our radio stations. The intern will go on actual sales calls with account executives to learn about the sales process. The intern will work on sales initiatives that connect radio advertising with online advertising opportunities. Email resume & cover letter to Amy Dillon at AmyD@kicks96.com.
Requirements All Internships are unpaid.
· Current college student (junior, senior, post-graduate).
· Internship must be taken for credit.
· Familiarity with Brewer Broadcasting and East Central Indiana market is preferred.
· Previous radio or other media experience through classes, internship, or professional is preferred.
- Responsibility, judgment, organization, dependability, promptness, initiative, creativity, and efficiency are key to the success of interns along with the ability to handle deadlines, writing, and audio production.
- Personal transportation required.
BREWER BROADCASTING is an equal opportunity employer. Interns are considered trainees and not employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1973.