(Richmond, IN)--For the last several weeks, the Wernle Youth and Family Treatment Center has been limited to one new client each week based on a series of improprieties and allegations over the last year. In documents obtained from the Department of Child Services, the DCS told Wernle that "after careful review of incidents occurring over the last six months, the DCS has determined that a serious and ongoing breakdown of administrative intervention appears to exist and that continued lack of compliance is evident." That letter was written in May and multiple Wernle licenses were placed on hold. One of the primary allegations is that a Wernle staff member slammed a child to the ground. According to a letter from the DCS to Wernle, the incident was not reported to DCS as required. The letter also says that Wernle failed to produce evidence that they had followed through with corrective measures mandated by the state. In August, the DCS permitted Wernle to admit one new client per week. Kicks 96 and The Point News will have more on some of the specific allegations at Wernle in news on Friday.
STATE PLACED LICENSES ON HOLD AT WERNLE YOUTH & FAMILY TREATMENT CENTER